new project...

 


Bonjour mes belles,

This is my latest upholstery project. She is one of a pair, you can just make out the other on the right hand side of the photo.

The frame has been painted using Annie Sloan chalk paint in "old white" and has been distressed to give it a slightly worn look.

The springs have gone in both chairs and this is the part that I find the most difficult and time consuming to complete.
The other time consuming task is the removal of the decorative tacks and I still have half of which to remove on the 2nd chair.


As you know I have a lover of neutrals but have decided to go for a  feminine fabric as the chairs are bound for our new project, where  I am planning on having a "girly" corner in the bedroom.

The bedroom is large and long which means that I have a nice space to play with.


In this photo you can see the base of the chair which has yet to be finished and it has a lovely feather filled cushion which sits on top of the base.

I cannot wait until my next lesson but in the interim will be busy removing tacks and stripping the chair back to bare wood.

After which I will paint, sand and wax the frame and then the recovering process can begin once again...

à demain, Leeann x




Comments

  1. Leeann how absolutely gorgeous a chair, the fabric, the back! Wonderful work!

    xoxo
    Karen
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.
    That looked like it was a mammoth task but oh, wasn't it worth it.
    Aren't you clever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment